Legal Eagle Q & A: Divorce entitlements in Leigh-on-sea

June 24, 2019 by Melinda @ Giles Wilson Solicitors

Question: I divorced my husband some years ago.  I did not use a solicitor as he told me we did not need to.  He also told me that I was not entitled to any money from the house as he had paid for it all.  I have heard that maybe this is not correct – is there anything that I can do?

Answer: Potentially yes.  If the finances were not officially agreed (and by that I mean with a court order) then you may be able to go back and ensure that you get what you were entitled to.  It is definitely worth speaking to a solicitor.

This Q & A is by Melinda Giles at Giles Wilson Solicitors.  

For legal advice please call 01702 477 106 or visit one of Giles Wilson's offices: 1711 London Road Leigh, 54 Leigh Broadway, 5 Roche Close Rochford  



Note: If comment section is not showing please log in to Facebook in another browser tab and refresh.