Even following a divorce, financial circumstances can change. But how? And where do you stand?

July 29, 2018 by Melinda @ Giles Wilson Solicitors

Question: I divorced my ex-wife 5 years ago and as part of the agreement I pay her money every month in addition to what I pay her for the children.  At the time of the divorce I was earning really well, but since then my circumstances have changed a lot and my earnings have really dropped. I am really struggling to pay her and keep the roof over my own head.  It doesn’t seem fair – is there anything I can do?

AnswerYes, you should seek advice to see if you can get that maintenance agreement varied.  The written agreement that you both signed probably has a clause in it to allow for the payment to be changed if circumstances do.

This article is by Melinda Giles at Giles Wilson Solicitors.  
For legal advice please call 01702 477 106 or visit one of Giles Wilson's offices: 1711 London Road Leigh, 54 Leigh Broadway, 5 Roche Close Rochford  
Website: www.gileswilson.co.uk

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GilesWilsonLLP

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GilesWilsonSolicitors/

To put question forward to Melinda @ Giles Wilson Solciitors please email joanna@leigh-on-sea.com 


Note: If comment section is not showing please log in to Facebook in another browser tab and refresh.