Recipe of the week: Ice Cream
Monday 19th brought us 'National Soft Ice Cream Day' .... did you celebrate?
It's not too late too or feeling a little adventurous, then why not make your own with our 'Receipe of the Week'?
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar heaped
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Whisk the whipping cream in a large bowl with a handheld mixer until soft peaks form in the cream, around 2 minutes or so.
2. To this add the sugar and vanilla and continue whisking until the cream has stiff peaks. Be careful not to over whip!
3. Using a spoon or silicone spatula, fold through the softened ice cream until the two are well combined, and then pour/spoon this mix into a large, resealable freezer bag.
4. Freeze until semi-firm (4-5 hours depending on freezer) and then when ready to serve take the bag out and massage it until it’s soft all over, for about 1 minute.
5. Cut the corner of the bag using some scissors and pipe into your cone or bowl.
6. Top with fruit or other ice cream favourites!