AllArt Beer Of The Week Blog Business Charity Cocktail Recipes Community Competition Coronavirus Dannielle Emery Design Education Emma Smith Environment Events Family Fun Fashion Festival Finance Fitness Food & Drink Football Gardening Hair & Beauty Health & Beauty Health & Fitness Historicaleigh Kids Kids Blogs Kids Competitions Kids Reviews Legal Legal Eagle Leigh Folk Festival Leigh On Sea Leigh On Sea Finds Leigh on Sea Leigh on Sea Sounds London Melinda Giles Motherofalloutings Music MyLoS News Newsletter Offers Other Other Reviews Outfit Of The Week Parenting Picture Of The Week Press Release Professional Property Property Of The Week Ray Morgan Recipes Restaurant Restaurant Review Review Reviews Shopping Shows & Music Shows & Music Review Southend Southend Airport Southend Borough Council Press Release The Mortgage Mum Theatre Travel Village Green Weddings Whats On
Recipe of the week: Ice Cream
Monday 19th brought us 'National Soft Ice Cream Day' .... did you celebrate?
It's not too late too or feeling a little adventurous, then why not make your own with our 'Receipe of the Week'?
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar heaped
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Whisk the whipping cream in a large bowl with a handheld mixer until soft peaks form in the cream, around 2 minutes or so.
2. To this add the sugar and vanilla and continue whisking until the cream has stiff peaks. Be careful not to over whip!
3. Using a spoon or silicone spatula, fold through the softened ice cream until the two are well combined, and then pour/spoon this mix into a large, resealable freezer bag.
4. Freeze until semi-firm (4-5 hours depending on freezer) and then when ready to serve take the bag out and massage it until it’s soft all over, for about 1 minute.
5. Cut the corner of the bag using some scissors and pipe into your cone or bowl.
6. Top with fruit or other ice cream favourites!