School celebrates maintaining ‘Good’ Ofsted rating
Eastwood Primary School and Nursery are celebrating after a recent Ofsted inspection judged the school to be ‘Good’.
The report states that “the leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection”, giving the students a dedicated and committed education.
The school are proud to be told that they offer Nursery and Reception children a good start to what is some of the most important years of their lives.
The report goes on to state how the school has undertaken various approaches in recent years to improve boys’ writing which has proven to be successful.
Other notable comments made by the Ofsted Inspector were:
· Governors are extremely capable and skilled
· Pupils are taught how to keep themselves safe though, for example, topics that are covered in weekly assemblies
· Throughout the school, there is an expectation that pupils will and can achieve
· Classrooms and corridors support the curriculum well as every available space is used to showcase pupils’ work. For example, members of staff have successfully turned corridors into Harry Potter’s common room, the Big Friendly Giant’s dream cupboard and a beautiful under-the-ocean theme.
· In many classes, pupils are making rapid progress
Rebecca Pearman, Headteacher for Eastwood Primary School and Nursery, said: “We are absolutely delighted to have maintained our rating of ‘Good’ in our recent Ofsted inspection.
“The hard work and dedication of the children and teachers at the school make it a safe and fun place to work and learn. This school is continuously looking at ways to improve and the comments about our inspiring corridors, which provide a beautiful learning environment for our children is especially pleasing.
“I have to say a big thank you to all the wonderful children, parents and teachers, we have built a strong sense of teamwork here and long may that continue.”