AllArt Beer Of The Week Blog Business Charity Christmas Cocktail Recipes Community Competition Construction Coronavirus Covid 19 Dannielle Emery Design Education Emma Smith Environment Event Events Family Fun Fashion Festival Finance Fitness Food Food & Drink Football Gardening Hair & Beauty Health & Beauty Health & Fitness Historicaleigh Kids Kids Blogs Kids Competitions Kids Reviews Legal Legal Eagle Leigh Folk Festival Leigh On Sea Leigh On Sea Finds Leigh on Sea Leigh on Sea Sounds LoS Shop London Los Shop Melinda Giles Motherofalloutings Music MyLoS News Newsletter Offers Other Outfit Of The Week Parenting Picture Of The Week Politics Press Release Professional Property Property Of The Week Ray Morgan Recipes Restaurant Restaurant Review Review Shopping Shows & Music Shows & Music Review Southend Southend Airport Southend Borough Council Press Release Sport The Mortgage Mum Theatre Travel Village Green Weddings Whats On
News from Leigh Town Council (August 6th)
Leigh Town Council have released their agenda for the community and culture committee, meeting on August 10th. You can read the full report here.
Repairs and Changes
- Work is being done to repair the paddling pool east of Bell Wharf which has not been filling properly. Southend Council is responsible for repairing the groynes but, until this work is done, sandbags are being placed as a temporary fix.
- The benches at Strand Wharf, Old Leigh are being serviced and the LED lighting in the area is being repaired. A Punch and Judy puppet show is taking place August 24th, 10.00-10.30am and at 11.00-11.30am. The event is free.
- The street art wall at the skatepark is being refurbished alongside the seating in the area.
- The farmer’s market is returning in September after its August hiatus. Many new stallholders have attended the event’s reopening although the committee are looking a farm meats stall to join the lineup.
- The Youth Forum is returning on the 9th September and, after, on the 2nd Thursday of every month. The forum is a place for 11-18 year olds to discuss and plan events for the community. The council is looking for new members so if you, or someone you know, might be interested then email Cllr Anita Ford at email@example.com
- An exhibition entitled ‘Art in the Attic’ is being held in Leigh community centre until 17th September. On display is the work by the current (and previous) artist in residence and the work of their students.