Our 5 minutes with Roy Daby
1. Lets introduce you with your vital stats. What’s your name and what local business do you own?
Roy Daby, Partner of Giles Wilson Solicitors.
2. Can you tell us a bit more about Giles Wilson. Where can we find you and what areas of law do you cover?
We are a Solicitors Firm in leigh-on-sea dealing with any general legal matter and a number of specialist niche areas.
3. What have you found is key to running a successful business in leigh-on-sea?
It helps being a born and bred Leigh firm, however what we have found is key is ensuring that we are fully involved in the Leigh community. Eating and drinking in the area; referring business to local businesses; generally just being fully immersed and supportive of Leigh on Sea.
4. What made you decide on a career in law?
It just seemed to match my skills as a person. I love people and finding solutions. Being a lawyer in what I specialize in is exactly that.
5. So, a little more about the little town that we all love… Where is your favourite place in leigh-on-sea? Are you more of a broadway soul or an old town soul?
That’s a hard one! You can’t beat old leigh on a sunny Sunday afternoon, but I’m a real foodie and love a bar so spend a lot of time in the various broadway places to eat and drink.
6. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be and why?
I used to live in Vancouver, Canada. That really is a wonderful place. Just beautiful scenery and a lovely laid back way of life.
7. Can you tell us your favourite memory you hold in Leigh-on-sea?
I love being with my 2 children in Leigh. Waking up early and going to the beach; having lunch in the broadway and then a nap. Library gardens for the afternoon and then an irmas pizza. That’s their perfect day and always leaves me with great memories.
8. Do you have a favourite bar or restaurant you go to in the town and if so, which one is it and why?
That’s impossible to answer. We are so lucky to have the places we do. Sandbar is just classic, Italian is probably my favourite food though, so Cucina and Fellinis, but it’s also nice to see new places such as Brunch Co and the work that Hamid and Dan have put into it.
9. When did you last do a handstand?
This morning on my sons bed when trying to catch him to change his clothes for the day. Those 3 year olds are fast so the element of surprise always helps!
10. Finally, there any immediate exciting plans in the pipeline for Giles Wilson that you would like to share with our leigh-on-sea.com readers?
We are currently acting for some prominent local businesses all with exciting new openings and opportunities for the area. Leigh never stops!
For legal advice please call 01702 477 106 or visit one of Giles Wilson's offices: 1711 London Road Leigh, 54 Leigh Broadway, 5 Roche Close Rochford