All Financial Services Grants Holidays News Reviews Southend Art Beer Of The Week Blog Business Charity Christmas Cocktail Recipes Community Competition Construction Coronavirus Covid 19 Dannielle Emery Design Education Emma Smith Environment Events Family Fun Fashion Festival Finance Fitness Food Food & Drink Football Gardening Hair & Beauty Health & Beauty Health & Fitness Historicaleigh Indian Kids Kids Blogs Kids Competitions Kids Reviews Legal Legal Eagle Leigh Folk Festival Leigh On Sea Leigh On Sea Finds Leigh on Sea Leigh on Sea Sounds LoS Shop London Los Shop Melinda Giles Mortgages Motherofalloutings Music MyLoS News Newsletter Offers Other Outfit Of The Week Parenting Parking Picture Of The Week Politics Press Release Professional Property Property Of The Week Ray Morgan Recipes Recycling Restaurant Restaurant Review Review Schools Seafront Shopping Shows & Music Shows & Music Review Southend Southend Airport Southend Borough Council Press Release Sport The Mortgage Mum Theatre Transport Travel Village Green Volunteer Weddings Whats On
Recipe of the week: Pecan Pie
Receipes serves 8
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams of butter melted
- 150 grams light brown soft sugar
- 4 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150 grams of chopped pecans
The method in the madness
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees / gas mark 6
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, caster sugar and flour; mix well. Last add the milk, vanilla and pecans.
- Roll out pastry and line a 23cm (9 in) pie dish or tart tin. Pour filling into base. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 180 C / Gas mark 4 and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.