All Charity Coronavirus Art Beer Of The Week Blog Business Charity Cocktail Recipes Community Competition Coronavirus Dannielle Emery Design Education Emma Smith Environment Events Family Fun Fashion Festival Finance Fitness Food & Drink Football Gardening Hair & Beauty Health & Beauty Health & Fitness Historicaleigh Kids Kids Blogs Kids Competitions Kids Reviews Legal Legal Eagle Leigh Folk Festival Leigh On Sea Leigh On Sea Finds Leigh on Sea Leigh on Sea Sounds LoS Shop London Los Shop Melinda Giles Motherofalloutings Music MyLoS News Newsletter Offers Other Other Reviews Outfit Of The Week Parenting Picture Of The Week Press Release Professional Property Property Of The Week Ray Morgan Recipes Restaurant Restaurant Review Review Reviews Shopping Shows & Music Shows & Music Review Southend Southend Airport Southend Borough Council Press Release The Mortgage Mum Theatre Travel Village Green Weddings Whats On
Southend measles update
Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and Public Health England (PHE) have confirmed:
· We now have nine confirmed cases of measles.
· We are still awaiting results of three further suspected measles cases.
· Two suspected cases have returned negative results.
· We are continuing to communicate with a cohort of 284 people who were potentially exposed to the virus, to encourage them to find out their immunisation status from their GPs and to book a vaccination appointment if they have not had both MMR jabs already.
· We have given MMR jabs to 34 people since the first case was confirmed.
All centres for adults with learning disabilities that had previously been closed have reopened since Monday 7 October.
A reminder that you are not at risk of measles if you:
· Have already received two doses of the MMR jab
· You have not been exposed to someone who has the virus
If you were born before 1970, you are also likely to be immune because you have probably been exposed to measles already.
A short video has also been produced which is available to view here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVWS1bKNAgU&feature=youtu.be
Useful links and advice for public reference:
NHS Measles page:
NHS measles outbreak advice:
MMR vaccine information:
To read all our other news pleae click here