Q & A: What happens when a sad death occurs and property is involved?

January 14, 2019 by Melinda @ Giles Wilson Solicitors

Question: My father has died.  Do I need to get probate? He has a house that I am living in?

Answer: You will need to get probate if your father owns a house; it cannot be transferred into the name of another person without it.  Happy to have a chat with you if things are complicated with anyone else who is named in the will and if you are anxious that you may have to move out.

This Q & A is by Melinda Giles at Giles Wilson Solicitors.  

For legal advice please call 01702 477 106 or visit one of Giles Wilson's offices: 1711 London Road Leigh, 54 Leigh Broadway, 5 Roche Close Rochford  

Website: www.gileswilson.co.uk
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GilesWilsonLLP
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GilesWilsonSolicitors/