AllArt Beer Of The Week Blog Business Charity Cocktail Recipes Community Competition Coronavirus Dannielle Emery Design Education Emma Smith Environment Events Family Fun Fashion Festival Finance Fitness Food & Drink Football Gardening Hair & Beauty Health & Beauty Health & Fitness Historicaleigh Kids Kids Blogs Kids Competitions Kids Reviews Legal Legal Eagle Leigh Folk Festival Leigh On Sea Leigh On Sea Finds Leigh on Sea Leigh on Sea Sounds London Melinda Giles Motherofalloutings Music MyLoS News Newsletter Offers Other Other Reviews Outfit Of The Week Parenting Picture Of The Week Press Release Professional Property Property Of The Week Ray Morgan Recipes Restaurant Restaurant Review Review Reviews Shopping Shows & Music Shows & Music Review Southend Southend Airport Southend Borough Council Press Release The Mortgage Mum Theatre Travel Village Green Weddings Whats On
Recipe of the week : Classic Sticky Buns
For the dough:
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot milk about 110F/ 43C
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 packet instant dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter melted
- 3 - 4 cups all-purpose/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter plus more for pan
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
For the topping:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
The method in the madness:
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 2 - 3 hours.
- To prepare the topping, add the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and the mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from heat, add the cream, mix well to combine.
- Pour this into a greased 9-x-13-inch pan the prepared pan and set aside.
- Punch down dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle.
- Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough.
- Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 10 - 12 slices.
- Coat the bottom of two baking sheets with butter. Place half the cinnamon buns on each sheet at least 3 inches apart on the baking sheet and let rise until dough is doubled (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Bake on 350f/175c for 20 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the sticky buns to cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- Serve warm, sticky-side-up.