AllArt Beer Of The Week Blog Business Charity Christmas Cocktail Recipes Community Competition Coronavirus Covid 19 Dannielle Emery Design Education Emma Smith Environment Event Events Family Fun Fashion Festival Finance Fitness Food Food & Drink Football Gardening Hair & Beauty Health & Beauty Health & Fitness Historicaleigh Kids Kids Blogs Kids Competitions Kids Reviews Legal Legal Eagle Leigh Folk Festival Leigh On Sea Leigh On Sea Finds Leigh on Sea Leigh on Sea Sounds LoS Shop London Los Shop Melinda Giles Motherofalloutings Music MyLoS News Newsletter Offers Other Outfit Of The Week Parenting Picture Of The Week Politics Press Release Professional Property Property Of The Week Ray Morgan Recipes Restaurant Restaurant Review Review Shopping Shows & Music Shows & Music Review Southend Southend Airport Southend Borough Council Press Release Sport The Mortgage Mum Theatre Travel Village Green Weddings Whats On
Cocktail of the week - Valentine Special!
Make this for your loved one this weekend! With delicate & floral flavours of Gin, Aperol, Cranberry & a touch of rose essence, it makes for a great aperitif & with any luck your lady will love you for it!
50ml Cranberry Juice
1/2 a Lemon
1 Egg White
1 teaspoon Rose Essence
Hibiscus Flower for garnish
The Recipe for Romance:
1. Squeeze half a lemon into your shaker & add 1 egg white. (The egg white is non-essential but it binds the flavours better and gives the drink a nice silky texture)
2. Add a shot of gin, a shot of aperol & a splash of grenadine.
3. Add a teaspoon of Rose essence (be careful not to add too much as it's very potent & make sure to buy one that is fit for consumption!)
4. Throw in 2 shots of cranberry juice & shake hard with ice.
5. Strain into your glass and garnish with a dried hibiscus flower.
(Hibiscus Flowers & Edible Rose Essence can he found in Asian & Health food stores, including The Spice Boat on London Rd.)
Enjoy your weekend!