Tamarind & Ginger Margarita
Cocktail of the week - TAMARIND & GINGER MARGARITA
Whoever said that only prosecco and champagne should be quaffed on New Years Eve is talking jibberish - Tequila is the way forward! So try this twist on a Margarita, the sweet & sour notes of the Tamarind fruit lend perfectly to this classic cocktail - I used Tamarind paste, which can be found in most large supermarkets.
I'd just like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, I hope everyone has a great night tomorrow & all the best for 2016!
- 30ml Tequila
- 20ml The Kings Ginger Liqueur
- 15ml Triple Sec
- 2 Lemon Wedges
- 2 Lime Wedges
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind paste (or 2/3 of a teaspoon if you don't want too intense a flavour)
- A splash of sugar syrup
- Optional - Grapefruit Bitters (Quite specialist and hard to get hold of, it's not essential but it rounds off the bitterness of the drink nicely)
- Rim - A mixture of salt and cayenne pepper
- In your shaker, stir the tamarind paste with the sugar syrup to create thinner paste.
- Squeeze in the citrus and throw in the spirits & bitters.
- Fill with ice & shake hard.
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of your glass and dip into the salt/cayenne pepper mixture, then fill the glass with ice.
- Double strain into your glass & enjoy!